From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Adams, Jay
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2018 9:30 AM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Setting Up sFTP for a Second Vendor - Host key verification
failedError

A couple of months ago I set up sFTP so I could send some extracted
data
from our ERP system to a vendor.
I set up userid USER1 and made the home directory: /home/USER1.
I created my ssh private and public keys and put them in /home/USER1
in a
hidden directory called .ssh.
I exchanged public keys with the vendor and put his public key in
/home/USER1/.ssh.
I got it to work and we send them data every night using sFTP.

Now I want to set up sFTP for another vendor.
I set up userid USER2 and made its home directory /home/USER2.
I assume I can use the same ssh private and public keys for this
vendor.
(Maybe this is a bad assumption and I need to generate another set of
keys?) So I copied the .ssh directory from /home/USER1 to /home/USER2
and deleted USER1's public key.
The .ssh directory for USER2 has in it: id_rsa, id_rsa.pub, and
known_hosts.

So now I am trying to connect to the vendor's FTP server for the first
time.
On my IBMi I logged in under USER2.
I called QP2TERM and executed command: sftp User2FTPServer.com.
I am getting the following error: Host key verification failed.
Connection
closed

What I am doing wrong?

Your help is appreciated,
Jay

Confidentiality Notice: This email from Qualicaps (including all
attachments)
confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended
copies of
the original message.

a moment to review the archives at