James--

If you use Paul's idea of journaling the PF, I suggest this:

A* This is a DDS to create a formatted file from the journal
A* entries you retrieve.
A*
0001.00 A REF(RF$)
A* This REF should point to the reference file for YOUR fields
A* This is optional if you hard-code all your field data.
A*
A* The record name is anything you want.
A*
0002.00 R RF$yourfile
A*
A* The fields in the first section below must stay as they are--
A* they're the fields that a DSPJRN will populate.
A*
A* DSPJRN JRN(lib/journal) FILE(file name(s)) +
A* RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN)
A* FROMTIME(&FROMDATE 000000) +
A* TOTIME(&TODATE 235959) +
A* OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) +
A* OUTFILFMT(*TYPE2) +
A* OUTFILE(worklib/workfile) +
A* ENTDTALEN(*CALC) ENTTYP(*RCD)
A*
A* OUTFILFMT(*TYPE2) creates records with the following
A* "JO*" fields, followed by the raw data from the updated
A* record.
A*
A* CPYF the OUTFILE from DSPJRN into this file,
A* using FMTOPT(*NOCHK). This will plop the journal
A* information into the JO* fields, and your data into the
A* remaining fields, formatted and ready to view.
A*
A* CPYF FROMFILE(worklib/workfile) +
A* TOFILE(mylib/myfile) +
A* MBROPT(*ADD) CRTFILE(*YES) FMTOPT(*NOCHK)
A*
0003.00 JOENTL 5S 0
0004.00 JOSEQN 10S 0
0005.00 JOCODE 1A
0006.00 JOENTT 2A
0007.00 JODATE 6A
0008.00 JOTIME 6S 0
0009.00 JOJOB 10A
0010.00 JOUSER 10A
0011.00 JONBR 6S 0
0012.00 JOPGM 10A
0013.00 JOOBJ 10A
0014.00 JOLIB 10A
0015.00 JOMBR 10A
0016.00 JOCTRR 10S 0
0017.00 JOFLAG 1A
0018.00 JOCCID 10S 0
0019.00 JOUSPF 10A
0020.00 JOSYNM 8A
0021.00 JOINCDAT 1A
0022.00 JORES 19A
0023.00 *****
0024.00 yourfield1 2A
0025.00 yourfield2 4A
0026.00 yourfield3 2A
A* Insert all of the fields from the DDS for your file here.\
A* If they have any REFFLDs, make sure to update the REF statement
A* at the top of this DDS.
0027.00 etc.
0039.00 *****
0040.00 K keyfield1 TEXT('One of your fields')
0041.00 K keyfield2 TEXT('Keyfileds are optional')

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx