IIRC, when we have to update a product that requires library renames &c, we back up like crazy, halt Mimix for that application, and upgrade both sides. Many times we've removed and re-built the Mimix link for the upgraded application. One of our steps says "Save production and Restore on backup system... Get Mimix back up and running."

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:59 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Anyone in the group running Vision Solutions Mimix 8.1 for HA/DR ?

< As far as application upgrades using Mimix-- for whatever reason, management has drunk the Kool-Aid, and migrated most applications (other than order entry, invoicing, and accounting) to network servers. So we don't have payroll, fixed assets, and a few others to worry about. The OE, invoicing, and accounting are self-maintained, and we test thoroughly on the test side, then promote to production.

My questions and concerns are how will Mimix handle other 3rd party products upgrades.
We have about 20.
Many of the products either delete/rename the current product library, then restores the product from a savf for their upgrade.

I'm thinking Mimix would need to be disabled while these upgrades are done.

Paul