From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 1:59 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Memory pool , object question

SETOBJACC has some limitations as well.

IF the object is truly read only such as a program or data area it will stay
in memory. But if the object is updated, such as a file or data queue,
then the system will force it to DASD at some point and it will fall out of that pinned memory.

I will always use a shared pool like *SHRPOOL60 and start working back from there since those are really rarely used. No work in those pools except the objects that are pinned in there.