On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 6:59 AM, KV Info <kvinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Customer has told us that for certain cells, if blank must have =("")
entered.

This value has been entered but Excel treats it as a string and not a
formula.

So, despite what I said in my other posts, I am having a difficult
time reproducing this. By "this" I mean getting Excel to load a CSV
such that one of the cells evaluates to the STRING value

=("")

Meaning, the cell consists of a 5-character string whose contents are
(1) an equal sign, (2) a left paren, (3) a double-quote, (4) another
double-quote, and (5) a right paren.[1]

So, I have to ask, what does opening your (bad) CSV in Excel really
look like? What does Excel show in the formula bar for the cell in
question?

John Y.

[1] I can get Excel to *display* these 5 characters in the cell in the
worksheet area, but to do that in a CSV requires something extremely
convoluted (basically wrapping the whole thing in another formula,
with another layer of quote-escaping). Surely no existing, ready-made
tool is going to create something so convoluted.