Hi Scott

are you setting the IPL Mode to Manual ("M") ?

I guess you are changing the settings via the front panel; try setting the
mode to manual.

Does the system even check the CD drive while it is doing whatever it is
doing ?

Does the power light blink when the machine has finished powering up ?

You might be powering up the managed system and not the primary
(non-existent) LPAR.

If it is blinking try holding down the power button for a few seconds.

From memory there are some settings in ASMI regarding the primary LPAR - is
it set to auto start ? I think you can power it up from there as well but I
am really testing my memory .

Good luck.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 4:03 AM, Scott Williams <scottwill0707@xxxxxxxxx>