From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2018 8:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Perm vs Temp PTF applies

Just ran the following on one a sandbox lpar which has been around for a long time.

APYPTF LICPGM(*ALL) APY(*PERM) DELAYED(*IMMDLY) UPDPTFINF DLTPTF PTF(*PRMAPY) LICPGM(*ALL)
287 PTFs deleted.

This system does not have PDM so I ran
wrklnk '/qsys.lib/qgpl.lib/qapzcover.file/*'
Then I used 5 to view them. These are for some products not on my system (at least not anymore). For example 5733-ARE. Which explains this dspptf 5733are Product 5733ARE *ALL not supported or installed.

So, apparently these members I will have to remove manually.
DLTPTF, with the *PRMAPY option, will not delete cover letter only PTF's.
Like SF98730.
DLTPTF PTF(*COVERONLY) LICPGM(*ALL)
PTF 5770SS1-SF98730 V7R3M0 deleted.
1 PTFs deleted.

Now I'm down to:
DSPFD FILE(QGPL/QAPZCOVER)
Total number of members . . . . . . . . . : 131

DLTPTF PTF(*SAVFONLY) LICPGM(*ALL)
126 PTFs deleted.

Now I'm down to:
DSPFD FILE(QGPL/QAPZCOVER)
Total number of members . . . . . . . . . : 5
And their save file are still on my system All of these are for products not on my system.

DLTPTF PTF(*ONORDONLY) LICPGM(*ALL)
No PTFs found.

I ran
DLTPTF PTF(...)
For these remaining 5
Now QGPL/QAPZCOVER has no members.

I used an SQL service to scan my system for all save files.
I found several in QPTFOBJ1.
These are all
PTF status . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Permanently applied
Unattended IPL action . . . . . . . . : None
Action pending . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
Action required . . . . . . . . . . . : No
Temporarily applied date/time . . . . : 03/05/18 10:57:13

Why would these save files still be here?
Perhaps I once ran DLTPTF and some were only temp applied? Would have had to been somewhat recent.