I recently moved to a new IBMi box from VRR2 to V7R3 and had an issue
where the programs processing the web services stopped processing
correctly.

I was using HTTPAPIR4

Before Rob says anything about the memo to users, yes there was
information in there but I missed it!! I have gone back again and having
now re-read the section I would not have identified this as a change that
would break my web service processing ... Here is the section;

<mtu>
Integrated web services server changes
Support has been withdrawn for the integrated web services (IWS) server
versions 1.3 and 1.5. Servers
based on versions 1.3 and 1.5 will no longer run on IBM i 7.3. Web
services running on unsupported
versions of the IWS server will need to be redeployed to a more recent
version of the server, preferably version 2.6 or newer
.
Web services can be copied from earlier versions of an IWS server to a
more recent version by using the saveWebServices.sh and
restoreWebServices.sh scripts located in the
/qibm/proddata/os/webservices/bin directory . However, the WSDL for a web
service on the latest IWS server has minor differences from the
Web Services Description Language (WSDL) for versions 1.3 or 1.5 and thus
you will need to send the
WSDL to all clients that are using the SOAP service.

The integrated web services test client that allowed you to test SOAP web
services has been removed.
</mtu>

As part of the change between V7R2 and V7R3 IBM changed the server
processing wen services from V1.3/V1.5 on V7R2 to V2.6 on V7R3

There is a tech note about this that I have pasted below.

The problem relates to the path used by the SOAP web service ...

For example:
v1.3/v1.5 URL: http://as400:20102 /web/services/myService
v2.6 URL: http://as400:20102
/web/services/myServiceService/myService

This required re-formatting the SOAP request due to the changed name space
and changing the name of all returned parameters.

But once the changes were done it worked great.

Also using SoapUI to test everything really simplified the testing.

Tech Note N1020948 -
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1020948
Problem(Abstract)

When deploying a SOAP Web Service to v2.6 of the IBM IWS server, the web
service endpoint URL has changed. This document explains why.

Symptom
When deploying a SOAP web service to a v2.6 IWS server, an extra layer is
added to the web service endpoint URL in comparison to previous IWS server
versions (1.3 and 1.5).

Environment
IBM i OS

Resolving the problem
When upgrading to IBM i 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3, you may need to migrate and
deploy your SOAP web services to a new IBM Integrated Web Services (IWS)
server version; moving from v1.3 or v1.5 to v2.6. In doing this, you will
notice the endpoint URL for the SOAP web service will change.

NOTE: This will only affect SOAP web services.

For example:

v1.3/v1.5 URL: http://as400:20102 /web/services/myService

v2.6 URL: http://as400:20102 /web/services/myServiceService/myService

where myService is the name of the SOAP web service being deployed.

As you can see, the v2.6 URL contains an extra layer in the path. The
change in the URL is the result of an upgrade to the underlying
application server runtime to use the WebSphere Application Server Liberty
product. Unfortunately, the URL change was necessary as part of the
upgrade and is working as designed.

Since the SOAP web service endpoint URL has changed, clients will need to
redistribute their SOAP web service's WSDL file to their SOAP web service
clients and/or inform the clients of the new HTTP/HTTPS Endpoint URL for
the SOAP-based services after upgrading to an IWS v2.6 server.

There is also a tech note on migrating the web services technote N1022190
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1022190

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

Don Brown