I don't have any real time stats at this moment but it does not matter.
Consider these questions:

1) How fast is the direct connect speed of your current tape device?
2) How fast is the actual throughput of your internet line?

The speed of your backup or restore will be limited by one of those two
numbers. Not too many folks have 1GB or better lines to the internet where
the actual throughput is that fast. You can do that math.

What is your recovery time objective? If it is not really long then
recovering from the cloud is not an option.

IBM i is just not suited to cloud back up except for archival and other
items that are not needed to be restored at the speed of any business
(government or private). It will work for Unix and Windows where the file
sizes are tiny by comparison. Just look at the physics involved.

Now add in the nearly 100% chance that while transmitting your backup up to
or back from the cloud that the data stream gets corrupted even slightly and
you have worthless expensive storage out on the cloud that might hold some
of your data.

Over the weekend we had a customer up near Minneapolis try a restore form
the cloud. A small library (all programs) of about 100 objects took longer
to download and restore than it took for someone to drive 150 miles, insert
the tape, restore the objects, and drive back. Did the restore from cloud
work, yep. Was it useful, that's another question.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects