From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John McKee <jmmckee3@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 9405-520 DIsk Location Resource Questions and SRC Code

I have no experience with this, just what I have read. Can you IPL to DST
(dedicated Service Tools)? Might explain things and let you change what is
misconfigured.

John McKee

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Shawn Merrick <shawnmerrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to follow up with some additional details to clarify. I think I
have caused misconfigured hardware, hopefully not damaged.

Both P2 and P3 Backplanes are type 28D2. Misconfigured Backplane P2 has
no associated hardware resources (seemingly causing attached disks to
report as if on P1). Working Backplane P3 shows "Device Services" as the
hardware resource and then the 4 disks properly located at P3.

Another odd symptom of P2 is the 4 disks have solid green power/activity
lights, while the normally configured disks on P3 do not. Even with NO
disks inserted into P2, it still kept these planar green indicators lit
solid.

I initially thought an IPL of LIC optical media and initialize would auto
detect and configure these things, but this is where I ended up so far. I
don't know what else to do now. I keep researching and reading.

Thanks,

Shawn

questions.

link: http://amzn.to/2dEadiD

[http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/social/api-share/amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png]<http://amzn.to/2dEadiD>

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more<http://amzn.to/2dEadiD>
amzn.to
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & personal care, broadband & dsl, gourmet food & just about anything else.

archive.midrange.com
midrange.com MIDRANGE-L mailing list archive