We have a situation on a customer box.

We have a Tomcat server running in a subsystem with a private memory pool. The customer also has what appears to be "Quick-EDD" running (also in a subsystem) on the box.
WRKACTJOBS shows the JVM job for Tomcat, and one of the Quick-EDD jobs, taking up the most CPU:
Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function
QP0ZSPWT <redacted> BCI 36.3 JVM-org.apache
EDH_J2_S12 <redacted> BCH 23.6 PGM-PMEDHSNWC

A WRKSYSSTS shows:

% CPU used . . . . . . . : 79.6
Elapsed time . . . . . . : 00:16:12
Jobs in system . . . . . : 2885
% perm addresses . . . . : .010
% temp addresses . . . . : .175
Auxiliary storage:
System ASP . . . . . . : 1000 G
% system ASP used . . : 62.9912
Total . . . . . . . . : 1000 G
Current unprotect used : 25114 M
Maximum unprotect . . : 34812 M
System Pool Reserved Max -----DB----- ---Non-DB---
Pool Size (M) Size (M) Active Fault Pages Fault Pages
1 1758.98 909.76 +++++ .0 .0 .1 .1
2 51952.30 525.02 571 .0 1.7 5.4 12.8
3 6495.19 .00 798 .1 .6 1.2 6.3
4 649.51 <.01 13 .0 .0 .0 .0
5 4096.00 1.59 200 .0 .0 2.6 6.1

WRKSBS show the Quick-EDD job(s) running in a subsystem that's entirely in Pool 2, while Tomcat's subsystem is running in pools 2 and 5, 5 being a private pool, with the routing entry giving priority to the private pool.

As you can see, the private pool is showing some page faults, but are there enough to explain the high CPU usage?

Any insights?

--
JHHL