From: Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 12:05 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: 3rd parth app communicating with HTTP instance overlooback127.0.0.1 - RST occurring which causes Error on read on socket

KeepAliveTimeout Directive
The number of seconds Apache httpd will wait for a subsequent request before closing the connection. By adding a postfix of ms the timeout can be also set in milliseconds. Once a request has been received, the timeout value specified by the Timeout directive applies.
Setting KeepAliveTimeout to a high value may cause performance problems in heavily loaded servers. The higher the timeout, the more server processes will be kept occupied waiting on connections with idle clients.
If KeepAliveTimeout is not set for a name-based virtual host, the value of the first defined virtual host best matching the local IP and port will be used.

TimeOut Directive
The TimeOut directive defines the length of time Apache httpd will wait for I/O in various circumstances:

When reading data from the client, the length of time to wait for a TCP packet to arrive if the read buffer is empty.

For initial data on a new connection, this directive doesn't take effect until after any configured AcceptFilter has passed the new connection to the server.
When writing data to the client, the length of time to wait for an acknowledgement of a packet if the send buffer is full.
In mod_cgi and mod_cgid, the length of time to wait for any individual block of output from a CGI script.
In mod_ext_filter, the length of time to wait for output from a filtering process.
In mod_proxy, the default timeout value if ProxyTimeout is not configured.

Paul