Hi Evan

Good catch - it's been too many years! Varied on yes, set as ASP group in your job, no, only 1, as you said.

Cheers
Vern

On 1/11/2018 3:49 PM, Evan Harris wrote:
Hi Vern

you can certainly have more than one IASP varied on with the same library
name; that is actually the whole point of an IASP.
- You CAN have multiple version of the same library name so long as they
are in IASPS
- You CAN'T have a library in an IASP if it also exists in *SYSBAS - the
IASP will not vary on.
- You can only have one IASP Group active at any time which ensures only
one copy of the library will ever be resolved

I think visualizing IASPs as namespaces is sometimes helpful:

*SYSBAS -> IASP#1 -> MYLIB
*SYSBAS -> IASP#2 -> MYLIB

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>