It takes some work. I've learned that much by trial and error. The purpose
of this discussion is to share tips about getting products to run in IASPs.

In a prior discussion I asked about the pros and cons of using IASPs. I
concluded that the pros outweighed the cons. Now I'm testing that
hypothesis. If we're using IASPs in our development environment, I figure
we'll be able to support IASPs at customer sites.

I've configured 3 IASPs, so far. I have a number of use cases in mind. I
saved non-IBM product libraries from *SYSBAS, deleted them, then restored
them to IASPs. That part works. No problem having the same library names in
multiple IASPs and using SETASPGRP to switch between them.

While attempting to get our products to run, I discovered that our Our HTTP
server configurations needed to be changed to reference objects in IASP
directories.

I discovered that application-specific job queues, job descriptions,
message queues, subsystem descriptions, and subsystem-class definitions
needed to be moved back into *SYSBAS in order to use IBM i commands like
STRSBS, SBMJOB, and others that utilize such configuration objects.

I envision changing some application-specific commands to optionally prompt
for IASP name in order to install and configure product environments.

Do you have any other tips or gotchas to share?