On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ever find yourself needing to do math and doing this?

STRSQL

values 82-56

No, because I always have a Python interpreter window open (locally,
not on the i), and use that instead.

or this?

values time('09:22') - time('08:56')

To determine the minute spread?

That's handy. Python has date and time stuff, but it's geared more
toward programming and less toward interactive use. (Yes, there's a
difference.) I always do time arithmetic by converting everything to
the smallest unit of interest (if I can't do it in my head). In this
case, (9 * 60 + 22) - (8 * 60 + 56). (But actually, this particular
example is one of those I'd do in my head as "22 minutes after 9, 4
minutes before 9, 22 + 4 is 26".)

John Y.