What is your real question?
Is it, as you stated, how did it get installed on my system?
Or is it, as implied, how do I finish the installation? Isn't there some
PC thingy I am supposed to do?

If it is the latter you might want to try the web400 page.

I am BCCing you an attachment since this list strips off attachments. On
this attachment I can clearly see Web Query listed at ESS.
However, let's keep in mind the first word of ESS: Entitled. As in: Are
you licensed for it?

Here is something you want to consider when pondering: How did it get
installed on my system?
Well, at 7.1, along with 57xxQU1 (good old fashioned Query/400) you may
have had QU2 and others. When you upgrade from 7.1 QU2 on up get
replaced.
See FAQs 16, 37, 38, 42 at:
https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ST&infotype=SA&appname=STGE_PO_PO_USEN&htmlfid=POQ12347USEN&attachment=POQ12347USEN.PDF

You probably didn't record what you saw on the GO LICPGM, 5 and the list
of licensed programs. I wonder if it just said "hey, he has this, let's
put this on".