Hello pundits

A QNTC directory has stopped working a week ago after years of service.
This Directory is used for copying documents from the IFS to a Windows
Server.
Copying is done by issuing a CPY CMD by a i user having the same exact user
name and password in the Windows domain.

The job log shows the following

CPDB053 Diagnostic 30 05/11/17 13:15:41.394979
QZLCKERN QSYS *STMT QZLCKERN QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QZLCVUT
From procedure . . . . . . : QzlcDiagMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 179
To module . . . . . . . . . : QZLCVUT
To procedure . . . . . . . : QzlcDiagMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 179
Message . . . . : Error exchanging security
information for user AS400 on network
server Acum_bl1. Cause . . . . . :
The IBM i NetClient (QNTC) file system has encountered an error when
authenticating user AXXXB with a network server Acum_bl1.

the directory is created at IPL time (QSTRUP) by a MKDIR statement
MKDIR DIR('\qntc\\Acum_bl1') DTAAUT(*RWX) OBJAUT(*ALL)

Signing on as user AXXXB and entering WRKLNK '/QNTC/Acum_bl1'
displays a "(Cannot find object to match specified name.)" MSG.

As I said, this method has worked fine for years and suddenly stopped
working about a week ago.

No permission changes where made on the i and in the Windows domain.

Any advice would be appreciated

TIA
Gad