From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of a4g atl
Sent: 2017 October 27 12:58
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ACS table creation using column headings in place of column names

I have a need to copy data via the ODBC drivers (any) from the IBM i to the PC/MS SQL. The output file column names should be the text description (underscores replace blanks).

Using ACS I am displaying data on the screen and it displays the column's text description and not the column name. This is a ODBC setup option in the OTHER tab.

Is there a way to use the new ACS ODBC connection in place of the iAccess'
ODBC?

If there is, I may be able to create tables in MS SQL using the column text and not the column name.

An alternative would be to use the ALIAS names but not all files have the ALIAS name defined.

TIA

Darryl Freinkel.