From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2017 9:00 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [EXT] Re: FTP changes the record format name

quote rcmd
builds the save file on the remote system. The file on the local system was already populated.
Doing the CLRSAVF is in case the save file was already there when I tried to create it.

Nowadays I would skip creating it by ftping from NAMEFMT 1 instead of namefmft 0. If you use namefmt 0 you have to create the remote save file first.

namefmt 0
put fromlib/fromfile tolib/tofile

namefmt 1
put /qsys.lib/fromlib.lib/fromfile.savf /qsys.lib/tolib.lib/tofile.savf

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755