Take into account that alternatives to the physical HMC DO exist and your
BP should know about them. You have the Virtual HMC which you can install
into most any VM-Host and you can also use the integrated virtualization
manager (a VIOS partition with a bolted-on webserver that does most of the
stuff you use the HMC for)...