SAVCHGOBJ may, or may not, be any quicker.
If you change one column in one row in a table then that table is assumed
to be changed and the whole table will be on the save.
Let's say you plan on doing your move on 10/6. You can do a DSPOBJD of
all objects to an outfile about noon tomorrow, 9/29. Then you can query
that outfile for objects changed since the last save date/time. If you
find out that you'd get x% of the objects you may want to forego the
changed only save and avoid the complexity of the restore (if needed).

That and SAVCHGOBJ totally ignores stuff outside of the /qsys.lib file
system. For example, if you have a significant amount of data in "ifs"
then that command doesn't save a whit of that.
See also
RTVSYSINF
PRTSYSINF *SYS
and look at the stuff in "user directories" for what I'm talking about.
Some app's, like Domino, don't use crap in the /qsys.lib file system but
really chew it up in the rest of the IFS.

I've done one data center move last week and I have another one within a
week or two.