Want to test your dns servers even before you change to them? No problem.

First, you have to have the following on your system:
5770SS1 31 5050 Domain Name System

NSLOOKUP HOSTNAME(nra.org) DMNNAMSVR('8.8.8.8')

Now just replace nra.org with some piece of equipment that should be found
on your new dns at the address you enter at DMNNAMSVR.

Now, we only put
5770SS1 31 5050 Domain Name System
on our "hosting" lpars because if you start the DNS server (which we
don't) on your IBM i you will fail any audit because the binds are ALWAYS
obsolete. Well there is a stream file you can hack to indicate you're
running a higher bind than you are.
I opened up a ticket with IBM to update the bind level. They refuse
except at new releases of IBM i. Their arguement is that they fix any
CVE's discovered with PTF's but leave it at the old bind. I told them
that was nice but I still fail the audit.
And the audit is done by IBM.