I'm currently trying to move from Fix Central (images) to SNDPTFORD (images). I did two SNDPTFORD, one for CUM and one for all other groups. The other groups loaded fine. The CUM downloaded but didn't add to the image catalog. I deleted the image and tried again, but it did the same thing. I just moved the image files to a different directory and did ADDIMGCLGE. That worked and the verify on the catalog passed.

I already have MF61904.

This is my last set of PTF's at 7.1, so I just figured I'll try again next month on 7.3. If the issue persists, then I'll contact IBM support.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Berendt [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:12 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ptf bin file not loading to image catalog

Two things.

One, there is a PTF which may, or may not, be applicable.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2MA45550

Two, I use the FTP method. When I use that I get two .txt files. One of which gives a byte count.
/fixes/cume/ftpCUME.txt
Your name will differ

************Beginning of data************** This file contains exact byte counts of files to ensure the "FTP GET"
received all of the contents of the file followed by instructions indicating how to retrieve and prepare the files for installation.

FILE BYTE COUNTS
----------------

The ilstCUME.txt byte count is approximately: 471040.* The CUME_1.bin byte count is: 4241489920.
The CUME_2.bin byte count is: 1415577600.
The CUME_3.bin byte count is: 3852378112.
The CUME_4.bin byte count is: 3832762368.
The CUME_5.bin byte count is: 3834599424.
The CUME_6.bin byte count is: 1715245056.

Match these byte counts to that reported during the FTP get.

I would match these byte counts up.
Object . . . . . . : /fixes/cume/CUME_1.bin
Size of object data in bytes . . . . . : 4241489920
Allocated size of object . . . . . . . : 4244635648

While the txt file warns these may be approximate, I've found they always match "Size of object data in bytes". If not, reorder.

Three most google hits either fall under the first (get this ptf) or "just
reorder". I know, it took you 6 hours. Hopefully you didn't wait until
timing was critical.