Your data needs to be in an iASP if you're going to flashcopy just that. Then yes that iASP would be varied on on the other partition and backed up there. As Rob mentioned you can even have BRMS 'make believe' that the back up happened locally by sharing the backup metadata back to the original partition.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com