Hello Cindy,

HelpSystems offers a product called PowerAdmin that can assist with this.

I also work on the HelpSystems Automate team which is a product that can automate this process from the Windows-side and auto-log the process but not quite as out of the box as PowerAdmin. Can create the Active Dir user and then auto-create IBMi users.

Check out our web site for more info or I can put you in touch with the right people.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com
------------------------------

message: 6
date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 20:22:37 +0000
from: Cyndi Bradberry <CyndiB@xxxxxxxx>
subject: Looking for help

We have help desk personnel who are not iSeries savvy. They are supposed to create user profiles. But, we don't want to give them SecAdm authority (gives the auditor willies) and never qsecofr !

Is there software that allows a user to adopt the authority to create profiles and logs the heck out of it to keep auditors happy ?

I'm looking for recommendations from users, not so much vendors.

Thanks,

Cyndi B.
Boise, ID