Ok, I moved a card for lan used by one of my VIOS lpars. Luckily I had a
redundant VIOS lpar and it's carrying the ethernet load.

In vios I ran
lsdev -type adapter
and got:
So, what used to be ent0 and ent1 is now ent8 and ent9
ent0 Defined PCIe2 2-port 10GbE SR Adapter
(a21910071410d003)
ent1 Defined PCIe2 2-port 10GbE SR Adapter
(a21910071410d003)
ent2 Available Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan)
ent3 Defined Shared Ethernet Adapter
ent4 Available VLAN
ent5 Available Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan)
ent6 Defined Shared Ethernet Adapter
ent7 Available VLAN
ent8 Available PCIe2 2-port 10GbE SR Adapter
(a21910071410d003)
ent9 Available PCIe2 2-port 10GbE SR Adapter
(a21910071410d003)

I had originally created ent3 with this command:
mkvdev –sea ent0 –vadapter ent2 –default ent2 –defaultid 3999 –attr
ha_mode=auto

1) How do I change ent3 to use ent8 instead of ent0?

2) How do I display the properties of ent6 to see if I need to change it
from ent1 to ent9? The card does have two fiber ethernet cords hanging
out of it. I've looked for parameters on lsdev to get more details and
I'm missing it.

I have a ticket open with IBM. They want me to send them a snap file via
ftp. Well, if the ethernet is down it makes ftp rather daunting...
Thought about vlan, like I use for inter communications between IBM i for
PTF distribution but with my lack of knowledge on vios IDK if I want to
start messing with routing and whatnot also.