If as you say the foundation needed to add these ciphers was there and it was a 'straightforward effort' to add the new ciphers then I would fully expect IBM to review that. Perhaps in that case code written for i 7.2 might fit nicely into i 7.1 for example. In such a case I would not be surprised at all for IBM to PTF it in there.

I'm not trying to say that the instant they declare "Fix only" support that absolutely zero enhancements would ever be added. I am saying that adding these ciphers DOES constitute an enhancement, not a break-fix. As such IBM can say No to adding them. Because it potentially affects a large group though if it was easy I expect they would do it.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com