Our setup has a common program library, a common data library, and a
client specific library. As we switch from client to client, our menu
programs set the current library to the client specific library. The
powers that be are rolling out a new document management system that
they want to bolt on to an existing workflow that uses a home grown
spool file routing system that converts files to PDF's and can then
route them various ways.

The problem I need to solve is that in order to automate the workflow in
the document management system, I need the client code in the PDF file
name. The options I have considered are: Go into each program and update
the OVRPRTF that is already in the 99% of the programs to stuff the
client code in the SPLFA's. Create separate outq's in the routing system
and have those adjust the naming based on the outq used. One is more
work than I would like to do, and doesn't address thinks like ad hoc
queries, and the other relies on the users knowing which outq to use,
and then actually sending the spool file there. The 99% of programs that
have OVRPRTF's already use QPRINT and QSYSPRT as the base PRTF. Unless I
can come up with a better way, right now my plan is to put a modified
copy of QPRINT, QSYSPRT, QPQUPRFIL and possibly a few other print files
into each client library with modified USRDFNDTA to indicate the client,
and then have the master routing program look at that to create the file
name.

Is there some sort of exit point that I'm not seeing that would allow me
to modify the SPFLA at creation time? I see some security exit points,
and some for network print server, but too many of our users bypass the
security requirements of the exit point, and my understanding is that
the network print server isn't involved in regular 5250 spool file
creation and printing.