From: gio.cot <gio.cot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 5:11 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help with DB2 and DOT.Net performance

Hi all we have performance problem with Dot.Net Sql reads on IBM I ; this is
the scenario

1. Our Windows software POS, in some procedures, reads IBM I DB2 for
retrieve inventory quantity or other information ; this reads are done with
Sql statement , via Client Access ODBC driver .
2. From about two weeks , only in some days (Friday and Saturday) we
have big trouble with performance , as the Sql reads consume in some moment
(QZDASOINIT Jobs) higth CPU percentage and IBM I is very slowwwww !!
3. Keep in mind that :
a. the IBM I run IPL only Sunday morning
b. that Friday and Saturday , the logistic and accounting offices
don't use IBM I , so the performance should be better, also if probably,
the shops have more transaction and so more reads SQL at IBM I
4. The only thing that was changed from two week to today, is that was
installed a new version of Windows software POS ; the new version respect
to the previous , is that was used the new Framework of dot.net (I think the
4.5 or 5 .. sorry but I don't know the windows/dot.net world.. I can ask to
my colleagues) but the SQL statement are not changed (this SQL statement
are many year the work with out performance any problem )
5. We found and followed the instruction at this link
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21572206 (CHGPJE
SBSD(QUSRWRK) PGM(QSYS/QZDASOINIT) MAXUSE(1)) but nothing changed, the
problem remains ..

Can some one help/suggest some link for find the problem
Thanks in advance

Gio

Notes :
IBM I run V7R2

PTF Status :
ID TITLE INSTALLED
SF99776 HIGH AVAILABILITY FOR IBM I 6
SF99775 HARDWARE AND RELATED PTFS 19
SF99767 720 TCP/IP PTF 3
SF99766 PRINT PTFS 3
SF99720 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C6306720 16306
SF99719 GROUP HIPER 77
SF99718 GROUP SECURITY 39
SF99717 TECHNOLOGY REFRESH 5
SF99716 JAVA 11