Exactly. IBM's position is that the NetServer adheres to the official standard. That's of little consequence to the end-users when MS doesn't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Berendt [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Netserver SMB V1 and recommendations against ransomware

I'm using SMB 2 on IBM i and have no plans to disable it.

IBM is stuck in a "measuring contest" with Microsoft and doesn't realize that IBM is flashing their squirt gun against MS's fire hose when it comes to file systems support.
So far we've realized that IBM plans on losing this battle so we've been migrating as much off of IBM i file support on to Windows based servers as soon as we can.

Anyone who blames the attacker on why their system is open to a Denial Of Service attack instead of hardening against it has no concept of computers and is in the wrong business.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755