Since the code is generated by Synon 2E, familiarity should not be a
consideration, as we are not allowed even an itsy-bitsy change the
generated code.

Of course I, personally, am a RPG fan and find it much easier to follow if
I have to debug (even though we are not EXPECTED to look at generated code
to debug).

If performance is not a factor, then is parameter passing (especially
packed fields) a factor when changing from Cobol to RPG?

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:46 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>