I've got a test CLLE program that does the following:

RunSQL ('update MPWRATA set db_LINOSRV = TA_LINOSRY') +
Commit( *None ) Option(*List) SecLvlTxt(*Yes)
MonMsg MsgID(SQL0000 SQ20000 SQ30000) Exec(Do)
RcvMsg MsgType(*Diag) Rmv(*No) Msg(&RcvMsg) +
MsgID(&MsgID)
If (&RcvMsg *eq ' ') Then(Do)
RcvMsg PgmQ(*Prv) MsgType(*Diag) Rmv(*No) Msg(&RcvMsg) +
MsgID(&MsgID)
Enddo
Enddo

The RUNSQL command is designed to fail, because I am testing error
handling. But &RcvMsg and &MsgID come back empty. At first, I'd used
MsgType(*Excp), and that returned "RUNSQLSTM command failed", but I'm
looking for the diagnostic message SQL0205 which will tell me that "Column
DB_LINOSRV not in table MPWRATA in TESTLIB."

I am curious about the exception message "RUNSQLSTM command failed", as
this seems to tell me that RUNSQL (on V7R1 at least) is just a simple
command that runs RUNSQLSTM under its covers. So, maybe the diagnostic
messages are a level "deeper" than the RUNSQL command? (But not the
exception message?) Just a WAG on my part.

Any ideas?

- Dan