This sounds a lot like a trigger.

Here's some sample script I used to set this all up to test how a
particular HA vendor handled triggers. I replaced two dashes (used for
commenting) with dashdash due to how this list handles a dashdash.

Basically what happens is that if you add a row to one table(rco) then it
updates a count of rows in the table rcocount.
There are ways to get even more detail with trigger programs, both written
in RPG or SPL. For example, if the new.wage is greater than a certain
multiple of the old.wage then perform some action.
See also ADDPFTRG. I can shoot you a sample RPG trigger program I've used
which looks at the old and new.

dashdash
dashdash Test trigger
dashdash

set schema MYTESTLIB;

create table rcocount (
NbrRco int
);
insert into rcocount (NbrRco) values (0);

Create trigger Rco_Counter
after insert on rco
for each row
secured
update rcocount set NbrRco = NbrRco + 1
;
dashdash Verify replication of trigger on both machines
select *
from qsys2.systriggers
where trigger_schema = 'MYTESTLIB'
;

select *
from backupsystem.qsys2.systriggers
where trigger_schema = 'MYTESTLIB'
;

Insert into rco (CRSTS, CMPNY, CMPNAM, CMPAD1) VALUES ('A', 9, 'Beta',
'Buffalo');

select NbrRco from rcocount;