To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/16/2017 06:29PM
Subject: Re: Service programs

So... I wish to get out of the 1990s and create a service program named
DropdownBox_PaymentTerms****. What would be a recommended organization for
this? **

After reviewing the code, I don't see a compelling reason to create a
*SRVPGM procedure from it. You could get some marginal benefit from a
procedure that returned the "term".

term = getTerm();

But that would not be much different than:

getTerm(term);

Where getTerm() is a *PGM call based on a prototype defined in the caller.