I have three Power 8's. Each Power 8 has two lpars of VIOS. All 6 lpars
of VIOS are running 2.2.5.10. I know there is a 2.2.5.20 out.
Two of the six lpars of VIOS have fix 15511800. The other four are down
at 14511f00.

I need to bring these four up from 14511f00 to 15511800.
How do I do so?

I've been told failure to do so may cause a serious disk issue upon a cold
start.

For the IBM i version of this headache see:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2MA46096

Back to VIOS...

See also:

https://delivery04.dhe.ibm.com/sar/CMA/IOA/06wy0/0/readme_sissas16519400.html

3.2 How to Determine the Current Microcode Level for VIOS

Open up a putty session to the VIOS partition.
At the $ prompt type in
lsdev
Look for those with a name like sissas# where the # will change. For
example sissas0.
At the $ prompt type in
oem_setup_env
Your prompt will change from $ to #.
At the # prompt type in
lscfg -vps -l sissas#
where the # will change with the device, for example sissas0. You will
get a return like:

sissas0 U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C14-T1
PCIe3 x8 SAS RAID Internal Adapter 6Gb

Hardware Location Code......U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C14-T1

PLATFORM SPECIFIC

Name: pci1014,034A
Node: pci1014,034A@0
Physical Location: U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C14-T1

PCIe3 x8 Internal SAS Adapter 6Gb :
Part Number.................00MH909
FRU Number..................00MH908
Serial Number...............YL10UE459137
Manufacture ID..............00UE
ROM Level.(alterable).......15511800
Customer Card ID Number.....57D7
Product Specific.(Z1).......1
Product Specific.(Z2).......2D35
Hardware Location Code......U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P1-C14-T1

Record the value for "ROM Level (alterable)". In this example it would be
15511800.