Yes.

How did your VAR pass the certification exam to sell Power? All of this is
on the exam......

If you need the HMC, then the vHMC is truly easy.

You need to read up on the HMC connectivity so when you set up the VMWare
instance you get the networking piece correct

Create the VM in VMWare, load the HMC up. Then once the wires are all
plugged in follow the instructions on the IBM web site to connect the
server to the HMC. Will you have to convert console to HMC from LAN
console? That's easy too, and the documentation is there. Remember you
need to networks, one public to the HMC so you can log on to it, and private
from the HMC to the HMC1 port on your Power box. (you don't say which
"iSeries" your running) You may need to get into the ASMI from the HMC2
port with a lap top if the passwords for "admin" and "hmc" were forgotten.
That will result in a call to IBM to get the temporary password to change
everything.

If you don't have the expertise to set up the VMWare instance properly, then
I would rethink the Virtual HMC and go with a hardware version.

It might also save a bunch of time and frustration to get help (yes you will
wind up paying for it) from a business partner. Of course myself, Larry,
Pete and a few others that monitor this list can do that.

Bottom line, IBM is right, get some help.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects