Apache/2.4.20 (IBM i) in V7R2M0 and

Apache/2.2.11 (i5) in V7R1M0

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
Twitter - Sys_i_Geek IBM_i_Geek

On 4/17/2017 2:59 PM, Rob Berendt wrote:
I know this "may be" a web400 question but I am asking it here for those
few who only use the web iNav and couldn't give a care about the rest of
web admin.

If you go to
http://youribmi:2001/HTTPAdmin
at 7.1 and the http servers tab, and look at the "Version" column, what do
you see for the ADMIN server?
At 7.3 I see: Apache/2.4.20 (IBM i)

Just wondering since IBM is saying this:

<snip>
From
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/897/ENUS917-080/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en

IBM HTTP Server (Powered by Apache) (5770-DG1)
Effective December 31, 2017, IBM will no longer provide fixes for Apache
2.2, included in the 7.1 IBM HTTP Server product (5770-DG1):
Base-IBM HTTP Server (Powered by Apache)
Clients requiring the most current fixes are encouraged to move to IBM i
7.2 or later.
See the HTTP Server on IBM i website for the latest options available at
IBM HTTP Server for i.
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/http/

</snip>

They kind of repeat it here:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/News%20of%20Web%20Integration%20on%20IBM%20i
which I got to from the
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/http/ link

IBM has a statement of PCI compliance with their web stuff in the huge
green box at http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/http/
<snip>Known Apache security vulnerabilities are patched via. PTFs on IBM
i.</snip>
Of course, the PCI compliance statement also goes to a different link
whose header contains:
<snip>Notice: On Dec 31, 2017, the Apache 2.2 server that is delivered
with IBM i HTTP Server (5770DG1) on i 7.1 will be going out of support. No
CVE fix will be delivered after that. To insure you remain on a fully
support and compliant web server you need to consider moving to IBM i 7.2
or higher. </snip>