same here but in the joblog:

System failure on device mydevice with feedback code 00002301.
Function check. CPF5411 unmonitored by QWSGET at statement *N,
instruction X'34A4'.
Dump output directed to spooled file 1, job 293412/myuserid/mydevice
created on system SYSNAME on 04/13/17 12:57:38.
Failure for device or member mydevice file QDQUWSRUN in library QSYS.
Dump output directed to spooled file 3, job 293412/myuserid/mydevice
created on system SYSNAME on 04/13/17 12:57:39.
Function check. CPF5257 unmonitored by QQURB at statement *N, instruction X'050E'.

values ( 'aaaaa' concat x'03' )
, ( 'BBBBB' concat x'03' )
, ( 'CCCCC' concat x'03' )

On my emulator for example, the report for the above query requested
in STRSQL does not give the error\failure, but the displayed report
appears as *only* the first row of data [i.e. the 'aaaaa'], but
conspicuously devoid of either of the 'BBBBB' and 'CCCCC', and the
End-Of-Data line [perhaps less conspicuously] is also missing; surely
that effect not an accurate portrayal of the character data.?:

....+.
VALUES
aaaaa