Chuck,
While that is a possible solution, I am capturing a string of data received
via a TCP Socket from a 3rd party and prefer to keep the raw data
(translated to EBCDIC) as received.
The old IBM Client Access Emulator has no problem showing this as a non
dispalyable character with the some data can not be displayed on the
bottom of the screen. I would *think* that the new emulator should at the
very least have the same ability and not blow up.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst