On 02-Mar-2017 08:14 -0700, Jerry Adams wrote:
Checking the system this morning (V5R1 - sorry, not my choice), sysop
msg queue had CPF8189, which says that a damaged object was found but
could not be identified.

Either an incorrect message identifier was recorded above, or the associated text was [in]correctly taken from msg CPF8199 "Damaged object found but cannot be identified."; i.e. the msg CPF8189 is for the *FORMDEF object type rather than an unidentifiable object type.

Probably just coincidental that the box was moved to a new office
about 30-45 miles away.

The system may not have shutdown within the allowed time, thus had experienced an abnormal termination, and thus some object(s) probably were unable to be fully ensured from main-storage; i.e. the main storage dump was incomplete.

Anyway, is there any way to find out what this damaged object is?

There may be a "damage" VLIC Log (VLOG) logged at the time of, or prior to, when the noted damage message was issued; the details in such a vlog may reveal something more.

Part of the processing for the request to RCLSTG SELECT(*ALL) /* OMIT(*DBXREF) */ is the function of "damage notification"; the commented part is optional, but no reason to perform, so best to include the additional parameter/specification if intending only to identify damaged objects. After the Reclaim Storage request completes, review the QSYSOPR and/or History Log (QHST) for messages in the range CPF8100 and CPF8200 for what if any permanent object was found to be damaged. Note: Before doing this, I might consider expanding the size of each VLog and storage for number of VLogs to enable correlation of any newer damage VLog to an older, for the same address, in order that identifying when the older issue and possibly the first incident of damage-set had transpired, might be possible.