Paul:

If I were doing this,I would create a source physical file anmed QSQLSRC or QSQLDDLSRC or similar,and keep the source in there. Then, you can create a PDM user-defined option "RU" to invoke the RUNSQLSTM command to create the object from that source ... e.g.:

RU RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(&L/&F) SRCMBR(&N) COMMIT(*NONE) NAMING(*SYS)

Since it is a "script" you could create several objects from within the same script source member. But, I would suggest you not do that -- instead, create just one object from each source member... that way, when you issue:

DSPOBJD OBJ(library/object) OBJTYPE(*FILE) DETAIL(*SERVICE)

the object will show the correct source member from which it was created.

(If you use RDi or some other PC-based tools to create using a streamfile in the IFS, or a file on your PC,you do not get that benefit.)

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 2/24/2017 2:48 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
I will re ask the question.

1) If using DDL where is the source stored, source member, IFS, or not all?
The reason I ask, is we use utilities (Total/400, etc) that rely on source being stored in a source member.

2) At this time, our two major apps do not use or support DDL, thus out of the question for us, as of now.
Tomorrow could be another story.

Paul