One of our SFTP processes failed with error CPFB9C6. I can't seem to find much information about this error. The SFTP logging goes into a source member that I can't see because the member exceeds 32764 records. To prevent this in the future I renamed and recreated the member and changed the
-vvv logging to -vv logging in the sftp command. I know there should be a way to look at this log.

As to the problem, here's what I see in the job log.

Message . . . . : 38000 - CALL PGM(QP2SHELL) /* The CALL command
contains parameters */
40 02/12/17 05:17:30.394080 QDBSOPEN QSYS 03F1 QC2IO
From user . . . . . . . . . : TRANSFER
To module . . . . . . . . . : QC2SMOPN
To procedure . . . . . . . : _C DM open file
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 10
Message . . . . : Open options ignored for shared open of member TEMPLOG.
Cause . . . . . : The open options were ignored for the shared open
operation of member TEMPLOG file QFTPSRY in library QTEMP. Either
SHARE(*YES) was specified on an Override Database File (OVRDBF) command, o
the member has the SHARE(*YES) attribute specified. This program is tryin
to open the member with open options different from the first open of memb
TEMPLOG in this job or thread within this job. This message is sent only o
the first shared open with options that are not the same as those options
specified on the first open operation. The type code is 3. The type code
and their meanings follow: 1 - The input, output, update, or delete optio
are not the same as or a subset of those specified on the first open
operation. 2 - User buffering was requested on either the first open
operation or the shared open or both. 3 - The shared open requested to
clear the member. 4 - A POSITION other than *NONE was specified by the
shared open. 5 - The shared open requested key feedback and the first ope
operation did not. 6 - The record length is greater than the record lengt
used on the first open operation. 7 - The selection of record formats is
not the same as that specified on the first open operation. 8 - The arriv
sequence option is not the same as that specified on the first open
operation. 9 - The record lock stacking option is not the same as that
specified on the first open operation. 10 - The shared open requested that
the control list should be used for I/O operations and the first open
operation requested that it should not be used. 11 - The shared open
requested that the control list should not be used for I/O operations and
the first open operation requested that it should be used. 12 - The shared
open requested duplicate key feedback and the first open operation did not
13 - The shared open requested insert key feedback and the first open
operation did not. Recovery . . . : The file was opened. If the ignored
options are required, specify SHARE(*NO) on the OVRDBF command to override
the file. Technical description . . . . . . . . : Type codes 10 and 11
refer to the control list. The control list is a structure that is passed
I/O modules. It contains information such as the requested format.
40 02/12/17 05:17:33.174833 QP2SHELL2 QSYS *STMT PX200C4
Job Log MYRON400 02/12/17 08:34:45
RBWEBINET5 User . . . . . . : QPGMR Number . . . . . . . . . .
QBATCH Library . . . . . : QGPL
SEV DATE TIME FROM PGM LIBRARY INST TO PGM
From user . . . . . . . . . : TRANSFER
From module . . . . . . . . : QP2SHELL2
From procedure . . . . . . : send_message__FPcT1PvUi
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 11
Message . . . . : PASE for i ended for signal 13, error code 0.
Cause . . . . . : The PASE for i program ended because of PASE for i signa
13. Error code 1 indicates a core file was written in the current director
The signal may have been produced for an exception message that appears in
the job log. Recovery . . . : Correct any error and then try the reques
again. Technical description . . . . . . . . : If a core file was writte
examine it with the PASE for i 'dbx' command. PASE for i commands can be
entered on the command line displayed by calling program QP2TERM in an
interactive job.
99 02/12/17 05:17:33.178987 QCLXERR QSYS 00DA QCLXERR
From user . . . . . . . . . : TRANSFER
Message . . . . : CPFB9C6 received by PX200C4 at 38000. (C D I R)
Cause . . . . . : Control language (CL) program PX200C4 in library MOMSPGM
detected an error at statement number 38000. Message text for CPFB9C6 is:
PASE for i ended for signal 13, error code 0. Recovery . . . : This
inquiry message can be avoided by changing the program. Monitor for the
error (MONMSG command) and perform error recovery within the program. To
continue, choose a reply value. Possible choices for replying to message .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . : C -- Cancel the CL program. D -- Dump the CL
program variables and cancel the CL program. I -- Ignore the failing
command. R -- Try the failing command again.
02/12/17 08:34:15.665774 QMHSCLVL QSYS 0698 QCLXERR
From user . . . . . . . . . : QSECOFR
Message . . . . : D

The dump doesn't seem to be giving much additional information.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Charlie

This email message has been scanned for viruses and malware by Mimecast.