I like the idea of using the exit points.

I have done some reading and googling but maybe missing something with this
particular exit.

This exit either allows access or it does not.

I really need an exit that would just prevent the updates from occurring.

The problem is that the code is poorly written and many of the inquiry
programs open the files in update mode or the only way to review data is to
look at the maintenance program.

Is there another exit that would allow me to prevent the write,update or
delete, but allow the reads to occur?

Thank you.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. <