Two options - one could be really fast to implement.

Fast implementation (one or possibly two line code change):

Use my Open Access handler and plug it in to the program that currently proceeds the disk file. It will write the IFS file directly with no need for the CPYTOIMPF. Details and download here: http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/rpg/Getting-a-Handle-on-RPG%E2%80%99s-Open-Access/?page=3 the relevant part is page 3 onwards. AN updated version of that article - which describes the template I use for all OA programs - is here: http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/rpg/open-access-templates/ and is an enhanced version of the earlier program.

Slower implementation but fastest operation:

Use the IFS APIs directly. Scott has written on this as have I. In fact if you study the code in the handler referenced above it actually uses the IFS APIs to do the job.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com