Birgitta , when I say SQL I mean SQL/CLI they are SQL program procedures
written in SQL similar to what we see in SQL Server procedures and PL/SQL
oracle.

I understand there are certain things we can do in RPG like creating
reports while processing data.. ofcourse we have to prepare some reporting
tables during conversion so that they can be used to generate reports using
some reporting tool like Tableau/Cognos/Crystal .. as I am not aware of any
COOL reporting tool running on iSeries. Our focus is to convert core RPG
processing programs into SQL/CLI.. Once that is done then we can move on
to bigger tasks like screens.. it will be a multi year project so time is
not an issue .. just want to make sure we are starting it right..

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>