On 1/6/2017 10:25 AM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
Is there different syntax checking between Interactive SQL vs RUNSQL REQUEST submitted via AJS.
The same SQL fails when run RUNSQL REQUEST submitted via AJS.

RUNSQL is not an IBM command, but it looks familiar.

The RUNSQL is complaining about JOB_TYPE, which is used only in the WHERE.
I got the RUNSQL to work.
I had to add JOB_TYPE to both the SELECT and GROUP BY.
Why?

Message . . . . : Token ANDJOB_TYPE was not valid. Valid tokens: FOR USE
SKIP WAIT WITH FETCH LIMIT ORDER UNION EXCEPT.

It's a formatting problem. The RUNSQL is doing something under the
covers to tack multiple QMQRY variables together, and it's trimmed the
space between AND and JOB_TYPE. That's why adding JOB_TYPE to the
SELECT clause made it work - the statement length changed and the
(missing) blank is in another spot.

Try RUNSQL again, but put another space between AND and JOB_TYPE, or a
space or two before the AND and see if that doesn't clear it up.