From an old post of mine,

IBM released two V7R1 PTFs to resolve SSL client issues, MF60335, SI57332.
These PTF allowed you to change the SSL defaults, which was needed for some 3rd party products to function.
Make sure you run the special instructions SST Advanced Analysis SSLCONFIG MACRO. !!!!!!

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas35a3400efeeb413d086257e7e007eb665
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas24e5145dca463e43586257e6f003c6da7

http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/b3cb9d42f672b70f86256739004afa0f/9d8f3c581309ec3886257e7e007eb678?OpenDocument
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas22105ec3f6fa1476986257e74003c6ed6

1. Open a character-based interface.
2. On the command line, type STRSST.
3. Type your service tools user name and password.
4. Select option 1 (Start a service tool).
5. Select option 4 (Display/Alter/Dump).
6. Select option 1 (Display/Alter storage).
7. Select option 2 (Licensed Internal Code (LIC) data).
8. Select option 14 (Advanced analysis).
9. Select option 1 (SSLCONFIG).
10. Enter -h
-eligibleDefaultProtocols:10,08,04 or as needed.

If your iSeries is a client, get these two PTFs installed ASAP.

Paul