Hi,

From time to time (and it's going to happen more frequently 2 or 3 times a
day) we are getting the message below in our webserver CGI joblogs. Ending
the CGI jobs or restarting the webserver instance helps releasing the
locks, and then it is ok for a while.

We certainly have some handler programs running in the CGI jobs which run
in named activation groups and keep their files open for performance
reasons. I guess these must have to do with the issue. But we were doing so
for years and never had these issues before. It seems to have started since
7.3... We are on the latest cume.

The message description says: "See previous messages from the query
optimizer to determine why the access plan has been rebuilt."
But I cannot find that information, where should I look for these query
optimizer messages?

Thanks,
-Arco

Message ID . . . . . . : SQL7917 Severity . . . . . . . :
00
Message type . . . . . :
Information
Date sent . . . . . . : 20/12/16 Time sent . . . . . . :
08:25:49

Message . . . . : Access plan not
updated.
Cause . . . . . : The query optimizer rebuilt the access plan for
this
statement, but the program could not be updated. Another job may be
running
the program. The program cannot be updated with the new access plan until
job can obtain an exclusive lock on the program. The exclusive lock
cannot
be obtained if another job is running the program, if the job does not
have
proper authority to the program, or if the program is currently being
saved.
The query will still run, but access plan rebuilds will continue to
occur
until the program is
updated.
Recovery . . . : See previous messages from the query optimizer
determine why the access plan has been rebuilt. To ensure that the
program
gets updated with the new access plan, run the program when no other
active
jobs are using
it.

Display Message Details

Message ID . . . . . . : SQL7917 Severity . . . . . . . : 00
Date sent . . . . . . : 20/12/16 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:25:49
Message type . . . . . : Information
From . . . . . . . . . : QTMHHTP1 CCSID . . . . . . . . : 65535

From program . . . . . . . . . : QSQRUN3
From library . . . . . . . . : QSYS
From module . . . . . . . . : QSQOPEN
From procedure . . . . . . . : SNDINFOMSG
From statement . . . . . . . : 41952

To program . . . . . . . . . . : QSQRUN3
To library . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
To module . . . . . . . . . : QSQOPEN
To procedure . . . . . . . . : STORE_ACCPLN
To statement . . . . . . . . :
24841