I would delete the physical (must first delete all depended on logicals and
indexes) then restore the physical and all logicals.

On Oct 17, 2016 8:46 AM, "Maassel, John R." <John_Maassel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

First question is can we kill that job? The reorg does not allow cancel.

Second, if we did, which objects would we have to restore? The logical
file, for sure, but what of the physical and the other indexes?

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Richard Reeve
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 8:41 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: reorg not finishing

John

If you have a good backup, you may want to kill the job. A faster way
to complete the reorg would be to delete all depended on files (LF's and
indexes) prior to the reorg then simply recreate them after the physical
file has been reorganized.

Best of luck!

Rich

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Maassel, John R. <
John_Maassel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

There is a reorg job on our dev box (i 7.2) that's been running for a 5
days. It's been on the IDX- stage on one index for almost 4 days. This
is a
rather large file, containing a billion records and 11 access paths. It's
stuck on #4.

It doesn't appear that the system is working on it. This is the only
task
the machine had all weekend and it's still right where it was when I left
on Friday. CPU utilization for this job is 0.7% and overall CPU is 2-3%.
checked disk stats and they're only 3% busy, so I don't see a bottleneck.
Unfortunately, it was submitted with "Allow Cancel = NO" so I don't think
we can stop it.

I reorganized it last month on 6.1 and it only took 3 days.

Is there a way we can make it hurry up? What should I check into?
________________________________
Notice from Bob Evans Farms: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information that is intended only
for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the
all copies of the original message and any attachments.
list
3crv0V5Gxwbo5hXTsiQI6g&r=PkbfvkKxtcDeNvEOH5BjJL4QM0EQmj0cLL71lzl405I&m=
iylblp5ylrhyABM8dyRpJcLBAy-CmJw1kciaGA-jm5E&s=lNQEsv_S4r-
n1yufj757NyVGhV41lFgCPPa8BOBvuaA&e=
at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__archive.
midrange.com_midrange-2Dl&d=DQICAg&c=3crv0V5Gxwbo5hXTsiQI6g&r=
PkbfvkKxtcDeNvEOH5BjJL4QM0EQmj0cLL71lzl405I&m=iylblp5ylrhyABM8dyRpJcLBAy-
CmJw1kciaGA-jm5E&s=3IdfgUoh8goGKC0HT-Ksw5kDHBoJAZhU_Z-R6rVyQ8A&e= .

questions.