Years ago at a previous employer we had a model 310. There was MULIC and FULIC (Feature Unique). Had to get the right tapes from IBM for it to work after we did some H/W upgrade.

Roger Harman

COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

________________________________
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:52 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: need a little guidance - trying to resurrect a vintage AS/400

Two things:
One, you have to see what versions of the OS that machine supported. This
chart doesn't go that far back
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssm1platformibmi#Additional

Two, you have to find a hoarder who has copies of an OS which will work on
that machine. Judging by that ancient model you shouldn't have to worry
about license keys and stuff. That didn't come out until V5.
However, something is tickling the back of my head about MULIC or Model
Unique Licensed Internal Code.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com
Dekko | Innovative Leader Providing Manufacturing Solutions<http://www.dekko.com/>
www.dekko.com
Dekko is your trusted electrical solutions partner focused on power and data systems, LED lighting solutions, and electrical components and assemblies.